Last week, China and nine other nations on the United Nations NGO Committee voted to reject an...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 2, 2010
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon is visiting China and, much to the chagrin of human rights organizations, has failed to mention Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo or other human rights issues. From the Telegraph: Ban Ki-moon avoided any...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 1, 2008
From Reuters: U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday urged China to match its growing economic and political clout with more funding and troops for peacekeeping operations to meet growing international crises. China, a...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”