Last week, China and nine other nations on the United Nations NGO Committee voted to reject an...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 2, 2010
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon is visiting China and, much to the chagrin of human rights organizations, has failed to mention Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo or other human rights issues. From the Telegraph: Ban Ki-moon avoided any...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 1, 2008
From Reuters: U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday urged China to match its growing economic and political clout with more funding and troops for peacekeeping operations to meet growing international crises. China, a...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions