Texan Lance Crayon, in China since 2009, has produced a documentary film exploring the tiny street...
beijing street life
by Sophie Beach | Sep 12, 2009
The New York Times visits the vendors who ply their wares in Beijing’s disappearing hutongs: With more emphasis on song than lyric, they are the marketing jingles of itinerant fruit vendors, sellers of roasted duck and...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions