Emotion recognition technology is being marketed globally as the next frontier of facial recognition, with proponents claiming it particularly well-suited for two starkly different environments: schools and prisons. In the...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 11, 2014
The announcement that this year’s fiercely competitive gaokao university entrance exams...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 16, 2014
After publishing a report looking at the many educational barriers facing people with disabilities...
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 17, 2006
From PTI, via The Hindu: About 45,000 Chinese lose their eyesight every year due to various eye diseases, latest official statistics said Sunday, the International Day of the Blind. By July this year, China had reported 12 million people having eye problems, with five million being blind and another 1.35 million suffering from amblyopia (reduced […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms