Emotion recognition technology is being marketed globally as the next frontier of facial recognition, with proponents claiming it particularly well-suited for two starkly different environments: schools and prisons. In the...
Jun 11, 2014
The announcement that this year’s fiercely competitive gaokao university entrance exams...
May 21, 2014
The introduction of braille and other accessibility improvements to China’s gaokao...
Apr 16, 2014
After publishing a report looking at the many educational barriers facing people with disabilities...
Oct 17, 2006
From PTI, via The Hindu: About 45,000 Chinese lose their eyesight every year due to various eye diseases, latest official statistics said Sunday, the International Day of the Blind. By July this year, China had reported 12 million people having eye problems, with five million being blind and another 1.35 million suffering from amblyopia (reduced […]
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back