Hangzhou, the capital city of Zhejiang Province, has undergone a major facelift in the past year...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 31, 2011
The Guardian reports and illustrates new data on global carbon emissions which shows China pulling further ahead of the US, almost offsetting the expected dip in emissions caused by the global recession. While US emissions fell...
by Michael Zhao | Jan 2, 2007
From Xinhua, via China Daily: Beijing set an ambitious 245-day “blue sky” target for this year after beating the annual good-air-quality day target in 2006. The city had fulfilled the annual target of 238 days for 2006 by December 24, and saw three more days of blue sky before the New Year’s Day. The target […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China