The Dalai Lama will be visiting the small southern African nation of Botswana next month, where he...
Dec 11, 2009
The Wall Street Journal’s China Real Time blog looks at the smaller private Chinese firms which are setting up shop across Africa, with less media attention that the huge state firms: One such company is Touchroad...
Jul 15, 2008
For background on this story, please see the previous CDT post, UN May Legalize Ivory Sales from Africa to China. From Reuters: China won the right at a U.N. wildlife meeting on Tuesday to import elephant ivory from Africa under...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends