Responding to questions about a New York Times investigation into ties between Dalian Wanda Group...
by Natalie Ornell | Jun 1, 2014
At HuffPost Live, journalist Howard French speaks about the themes in his book...
by Natalie Ornell | Jul 6, 2013
Following a series of Swiss companies under scrutiny in China, Tetra Pak, a food packaging company, is under investigation for its business practices. The New York Times’ David Barboza reports that the State...
by sjia | Dec 11, 2008
This next installment in the CDT series on important issues facing China in 2008 concerns China’s domestic market. See also previous China 2008 articles: China and the Developing World, Nationalism, Internet Culture, and...
by Li Xiaorong | Oct 29, 2004
In a study released on Thursday by two firms in the industry, Goldman Sachs was criticised when it offered shares in Chinese oil firm PetroChina in the United States. Activists said the financing would contribute to harming China’s environment and provide support for a country with a poor record on human rights. Read the Reuters […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods