Ms. Ma is a New York-based lawyer. She writes on The Wall Street Journal: The nationalist frenzy arrived quickly. As soon as Chinese art collector Cai Mingchao refused to pay for two bronze sculptures for which he had...
by Paulina Hartono | Mar 2, 2009
Last week, two bronze heads formerly located at the Old Summer Palace (Yuanmingyuan) were sold at a Christie’s auction in Paris. Though the auction came under much heat, with many Chinese contending that the bronzes were...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern