At The New York Times’ ArtBeat, David Barboza reports that a nine-character calligraphy...
Sep 23, 2011
James Fallows offers some respite from the gutter oil, murdered journalists and migrant workers, beaten and abducted tourists, sex dungeons, missing women, corner-cutting builders, downtrodden villagers, besieged activists,...
Sep 19, 2007
Youtube carries a series of explanatory videos of painting and calligraphy, which “are the most vivid visual record of Chinese traditional civilization and national spirit.” Part 1:
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos