At The New York Times’ ArtBeat, David Barboza reports that a nine-character calligraphy...
Sep 23, 2011
James Fallows offers some respite from the gutter oil, murdered journalists and migrant workers, beaten and abducted tourists, sex dungeons, missing women, corner-cutting builders, downtrodden villagers, besieged activists,...
Sep 19, 2007
Youtube carries a series of explanatory videos of painting and calligraphy, which “are the most vivid visual record of Chinese traditional civilization and national spirit.” Part 1:
CDT in the News
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes
- China-Africa Project – Lockdown “Shout-Out” Videos Featuring Africans Raise Controversy