In recent years, concerns have been mounting over Beijing’s expanding soft cultural...
Apr 24, 2008
The Olympic torch has completed the latest leg of its relay – in the Australian capital Canberra – without major disruption. From AlJazeera English via Youtube: See also the New York Times’ article: China...
Apr 23, 2008
From News.com.au (with video): Australian police have jostled with Chinese flame attendants and wrestled pro-Tibet protesters to the ground as the Olympic torch made its way through Canberra. Flanked by police, press and two...
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes