Shanghai will implement a watered-down version of Beijing’s car ban policy in order to relieve road congestion and to reduce air pollution. From Reuters: Starting next month, vehicles belonging to the government or...
Sep 28, 2008
The car ban imposed for the Olympics has expired, but according to China Daily, Beijing will impose a new 6-month ban to try to ease air pollution beginning on October 11. Cars whose number plates end with 1 or 6 will be taken...
Mar 7, 2008
In their efforts to improve air quality levels, Beijing officials have announced plans to enforce car restrictions during the Olympics. From AFP: Beijing authorities will definitely go ahead with a ban on some cars during the...
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes