Cai Xia, the outspoken professor emerita of the Central Party School who was recently expelled from the Chinese Communist Party, is now on Twitter @realcaixia. Her first two tweets make public the “relevant passages of the...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 17, 2020
Former Central Party School professor Cai Xia has been formally expelled from the Party following a speech she gave online in May, in which she called the party “a political zombie.” (CDT published a translation of...
by Anne Henochowicz | Aug 14, 2020
Just as the U.S. announced its “Clean Network” initiative and set a deadline for the video-sharing app TikTok to be bought by an American company or banned from the country, images, and screenshots have been...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 16, 2018
As part of their continued investigations into Chinese government influence over foreign...
by Cindy | Oct 16, 2015
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, who holds postgraduate degrees in law and economics from Peking...
by Josh Rudolph | May 7, 2015
On May 7, China released the second draft of a wide-reaching new national security law for public...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions