Around 500 Taiwanese students gathered on Nov. 6 to protest police action taken against pro-Taiwan independence activists during the recent visit of Chinese envoy Chun Yunlin. They condemned the government for acting like a...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 9, 2008
Three groups in China have canceled official trips to Taiwan following the violent protests that accompanied mainland envoy Chen Yunlin’s trip there last week. From Reuters: Safety fears prompted the groups to call off...
by Japhet Weeks | Nov 5, 2008
After being trapped inside a Taipei hotel with thousands of pro-Taiwanese activists waiting outside on Thursday, China’s top envoy to Taiwan, Chen Yunlin, will meet with the island’s president, Ma Ying-jeou, on the...
by Liu Yong | Nov 2, 2008
From AFP: China’s top negotiator with Taiwan Chen Yunlin left for Taipei early Monday for high-level talks in a further sign of warming ties between the traditional foes, state media said. Chen left Beijing at about 7:30am...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo