Around 500 Taiwanese students gathered on Nov. 6 to protest police action taken against pro-Taiwan independence activists during the recent visit of Chinese envoy Chun Yunlin. They condemned the government for acting like a...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 9, 2008
Three groups in China have canceled official trips to Taiwan following the violent protests that accompanied mainland envoy Chen Yunlin’s trip there last week. From Reuters: Safety fears prompted the groups to call off...
by Japhet Weeks | Nov 5, 2008
After being trapped inside a Taipei hotel with thousands of pro-Taiwanese activists waiting outside on Thursday, China’s top envoy to Taiwan, Chen Yunlin, will meet with the island’s president, Ma Ying-jeou, on the...
by Liu Yong | Nov 2, 2008
From AFP: China’s top negotiator with Taiwan Chen Yunlin left for Taipei early Monday for high-level talks in a further sign of warming ties between the traditional foes, state media said. Chen left Beijing at about 7:30am...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods