Writer and activist Lü Gengsong (吕耿松), a longtime advocate for the banned China Democracy Party, was detained in July of 2014. He was formally arrested a month later for “subversion of state power,” which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. A Hangzhou court found him...
China Democracy Party
by cschultz | Feb 10, 2010
A 20-year old factory worker named Xue Mingkai has been sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for joining the US-based China Democracy Party: Human rights groups had said Xue faced up to 10 years in jail and three others he was in...
by Liu Yong | Jan 8, 2009
From AP: A 65-year-old democracy activist who tried to set up an opposition party in China has been sentenced to six years in jail, a human rights group said Thursday. A court in Hangzhou, a prosperous city in eastern Zhejiang...
by Michael Zhao | May 5, 2006
From AP via the Washington Post (link): A Chinese democracy activist has been paroled after more than six years in prison for helping form a political party seeking to challenge the communists’ monopoly on power, a fellow activist said Friday. A co-founder of the China Democracy Party, Zhu Zhengming, was freed this week, nearly four […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo