Writer and activist Lü Gengsong (吕耿松), a longtime advocate for the banned China Democracy Party,...
China Democracy Party
Jan 20, 2012
By popular demand, Siweiluozi clarifies the distinction between the crimes of “subversion of state power” (颠覆国家政权罪) and “inciting subversion of state power” (煽动颠覆国家政权罪). The two are often confused, most...
Feb 10, 2010
A 20-year old factory worker named Xue Mingkai has been sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for joining the US-based China Democracy Party: Human rights groups had said Xue faced up to 10 years in jail and three others he was in...
Jan 8, 2009
From AP: A 65-year-old democracy activist who tried to set up an opposition party in China has been sentenced to six years in jail, a human rights group said Thursday. A court in Hangzhou, a prosperous city in eastern Zhejiang...
May 5, 2006
From AP via the Washington Post (link): A Chinese democracy activist has been paroled after more than six years in prison for helping form a political party seeking to challenge the communists’ monopoly on power, a fellow activist said Friday. A co-founder of the China Democracy Party, Zhu Zhengming, was freed this week, nearly four […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China