The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
China Development Bank
by Scott Greene | Dec 13, 2012
One of America’s largest property developers has secured $1.7 billion of financing from a Chinese bank to build two San Francisco housing projects, but on the condition that a Chinese state-owned construction company have...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 31, 2007
From Reuters: China on Monday announced a $20 billion capital injection into China Development Bank, one of the country’s three policy lenders, as part of a long-planned transformation of the state-owned company into a commercial bank. The move is likely to result in a multi-billion dollar stock market listing of the bank, aimed at raising […]
by Kate Zhao | Nov 14, 2007
From Business Report: State policy lender China Development Bank on Wednesday denied reports that it is involved in the purchase of a stake in mining company Rio Tinto . “There’s no matter like this,” Yang Hua, a spokeswoman at the Chinese policy bank said. The German daily newspaper Handelsblatt wrote in an advance copy of […]
by Kate Zhao | Jul 27, 2007
From Caijing.com.cn: China’s recent USÔºÑ 3 billion injection into the U.S. private equity firm Blackstone Group may have attracted more media attention, but the Beijing government also turned heads by creating a huge, PE hybrid designed to accelerate development in Africa. The China-Africa Development Fund was launched in June with an initial USÔºÑ 1 billion […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods