Keith Bradsher at The New York Times reports that the Chinese government is starting to rein in...
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 4, 2012
CDT previously reported on the possible economic strain from the Diaoyu Island dispute between China and Japan. As Chinese surveillance ships arrive in the region, the tensions between the two nations continue to escalate. The...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods