CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
Jan 14, 2020
U.S. measures against China’s burgeoning tech sector are set to continue despite an anticipated truce in the two countries’ ongoing trade war, The Wall Street Journal’s Bob Davis and Katy Stech Ferek reported...
Jan 30, 2015
Over the past year, Beijing has become ever more assertive in promoting “Internet...
May 1, 2006
From AP via the Los Angeles Times (link): In a five-story factory nearly the size of three football fields, technicians clad in spacesuit-like attire work around the clock producing silicon chips at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. The company, the world’s largest contract chip maker, is a source of pride in Taiwan. It’s what people point […]
Oct 8, 2004
From Associated Press: “Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp., a leading Chinese computer chip maker, plans to begin supplying chips using 90-nanometer technology to major clients such as Texas Instruments Inc. beginning next year, the companies said Friday. The plan marks a breakthrough in China’s acquisition of advanced technology. Beijing has long sought to nurture domestic semiconductor […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends