CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 14, 2020
U.S. measures against China’s burgeoning tech sector are set to continue despite an anticipated truce in the two countries’ ongoing trade war, The Wall Street Journal’s Bob Davis and Katy Stech Ferek reported...
by Sophia Cao | May 1, 2006
From AP via the Los Angeles Times (link): In a five-story factory nearly the size of three football fields, technicians clad in spacesuit-like attire work around the clock producing silicon chips at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. The company, the world’s largest contract chip maker, is a source of pride in Taiwan. It’s what people point […]
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 8, 2004
From Associated Press: “Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp., a leading Chinese computer chip maker, plans to begin supplying chips using 90-nanometer technology to major clients such as Texas Instruments Inc. beginning next year, the companies said Friday. The plan marks a breakthrough in China’s acquisition of advanced technology. Beijing has long sought to nurture domestic semiconductor […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’