The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a key component of Xi Jinping’s ambitious...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 25, 2015
Last year it was reported that officials were encouraging interethnic marriage in the ethnically...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 27, 2012
British chain Pizza Express has apologised for advertising the location of a Shanghai branch as “in the French Concession” (法租界 Fǎ Zūjiè), the French-governed enclave which occupied the city’s Xuhui and Luwan...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 2, 2012
China’s gift of a new $200 million African Union headquarters in Addis Ababa has generated a great deal of warmth among high-ranking officials, but many in both China and Africa feel decidedly chillier about the project....
by Sophie Beach | Oct 19, 2011
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Greet Visitors to Linyi People’s Park, Shandong, by kanegen
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods