With the Two Sessions now underway in Beijing, The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe...
by cdtstaff | Apr 3, 2011
At a G20 sponsored international financial conference this week in Nanjing, Timothy Geithner again urged China to reform its currency exchange rates. From the NYTimes: Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner urged China again on...
New Media and Civil Society in China: A Roundtable Discussion on the Political Impact of the Internet
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 17, 2009
Organized and moderated by Xiao Qiang of the China Internet Project at the Graduate School of Journalism, and sponsored by the Center for Chinese Studies of UC Berkeley, Shorenstein Foundation, Luce Foundation, Berkeley China...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods