With the Two Sessions now underway in Beijing, The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe...
by cdtstaff | Apr 3, 2011
At a G20 sponsored international financial conference this week in Nanjing, Timothy Geithner again urged China to reform its currency exchange rates. From the NYTimes: Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner urged China again on...
New Media and Civil Society in China: A Roundtable Discussion on the Political Impact of the Internet
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 17, 2009
Organized and moderated by Xiao Qiang of the China Internet Project at the Graduate School of Journalism, and sponsored by the Center for Chinese Studies of UC Berkeley, Shorenstein Foundation, Luce Foundation, Berkeley China...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China