On Thursday, the wives of five Chinese and one Taiwanese current or recent political detainees...
Mar 21, 2013
NASA administrator Charles Bolden has promised an investigation of the agency’s security procedures after a Chinese national who had worked at its Langley Research Center was arrested on a Beijing-bound plane before...
Nov 9, 2011
Activist Chen Guangcheng and his family remain under house arrest in southern Shandong province, and a stream of supporters continue efforts to gain access to them. As Chen’s birthday (this Saturday, November 12th)...
Feb 18, 2006
From MercuryNews.com A business school marketing professor would probably say it was “poor timing” that Google decided to launch a corporate blog in Chinese a day before the Mountain View company testified before Congress about its practices in China. Clearly intended to project an image as a cool and hip place to work, the opening […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends