The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by zctph48 | May 9, 2018
In the run-up to International Workers’ Day on May 1, crane workers across China organized a...
by dwang | Jun 27, 2009
James Pomfret reports for Reuters: A 13-storey residential building under construction in Shanghai collapsed Saturday, killing one worker and highlighting the dangers of shoddy building in fast-urbanising China. The building, in...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods