The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Scott Greene | Jul 2, 2013
Bloomberg News reports that China has opened investigations into foreign milk-powder companies, including Danone and Nestle, for pricing and anti-monopoly violations: The National Development and Reform Commission, the country’s...
by Melissa M. Chan | Jan 15, 2013
CDT previously reported on the tightening of food safety regulations in China. Despite these actions towards better food safety, concerns continue. China is now planning to offer up to a $48,000 reward for food safety informers,...
by Melissa M. Chan | Apr 10, 2012
Amid concerns over food safety, China’s food and drug agency is defending itself against accusations of excessive lead in spirulina, a microalgae taken as a nutritional supplement. Lead ingestion can lead to defects in the...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo