Tensions rose in the wake of the G7 summit last weekend, as China weathered accusations of being an economic and security threat, while countering with its own similar accusations against the West. The meeting of the...
Jun 30, 2014
While China often voices suspicion that the U.S. is trying to undermine it, president Barack Obama...
Nov 26, 2012
China delivered a rousing jolt to its various border disputes last week with the introduction of a controversial new passport design. Visa pages in the passports incorporate a map—shown in an annotated photograph at The...
Feb 28, 2008
In the International Herald Tribune, Howard French writes about a new effort to contain China through coalitions of its neighbors: While never openly espoused by any government, the idea has tempted foreign policy thinkers not...
May 22, 2005
From YaleGlobal: In the last three days, the United States government has added new pressures to the Chinese government: The US Department of Treasury demanded a revaluation of the renminbi, and the Commerce Department moved to restrain textile imports from China. One of the defining features of globalization today is the complex way in which […]
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?