While China often voices suspicion that the U.S. is trying to undermine it, president Barack Obama...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 28, 2008
In the International Herald Tribune, Howard French writes about a new effort to contain China through coalitions of its neighbors: While never openly espoused by any government, the idea has tempted foreign policy thinkers not...
by Xiao Qiang | May 22, 2005
From YaleGlobal: In the last three days, the United States government has added new pressures to the Chinese government: The US Department of Treasury demanded a revaluation of the renminbi, and the Commerce Department moved to restrain textile imports from China. One of the defining features of globalization today is the complex way in which […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions