The Dalai Lama wrapped up a four-day visit to Mongolia on Wednesday in Ulaanbaatar, the capital...
Dalai Lama U.S. visits
Jun 16, 2016
President Barack Obama met with the Dalai Lama at the White House yesterday. This was the fourth...
Feb 18, 2010
From CNN.com: Nearly three-quarters of all Americans think that Tibet should be an independent country, according to a new national poll. But the CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Thursday also indicates that most...
Apr 25, 2009
AsiaNews.it reports that the Panchen Lama, Gedhun Choekyi Nyima, recognized as such by the Dalai Lama in 1995, turns twenty today. He and his family were taken hostage by the Chinese government later in 1995, when he was six,...
Apr 10, 2008
As the beleaguered Olympic flame departs the US West Coast, the Dalai Lama arrives–and young Chinese are none to happy about it. From the Seattle Post Intelligencer’s School Zone blog: Chinese students at the...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos