AFP reports on the National People’s Congress scheduled to commence this Wednesday. Topics...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 1, 2012
Global Times has published an editorial in anticipation of China’s impending military budget announcement, urging the government to maintain double-digit growth and arguing that even if foreigners could not appreciate the...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 9, 2011
A new ad campaign for The Economist aims to grab attention by juxtaposing opposing arguments regarding the nature of China’s rise. From Advertising @ chinaSMACK: China Is A Threat To The West China spends about $100...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 4, 2006
From Reuters, via The Financial Press: China is to accelerate military spending in 2006, the government said on Saturday amid renewed tension across the Taiwan Strait, a potential regional powder keg. Beijing would spend 14.7 per cent more on defence in 2006 than it did last year, a spokesman for the national parliament said. China’s […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods