Brian Krebs describes the discovery of security breaches at three Israeli defense contractors,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 26, 2013
A Chinese national has been sentenced to almost six years in prison by a New Jersey court for handing defense secrets to China. Sixing Liu maintains his innocence, however, and insists that he has been the victim of a...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 19, 2013
As accusations of cyber-espionage bounce back and forth between Washington and Beijing, U.S. authorities have arrested two men accused of involvement in more traditional spying. In Hawaii, defense contractor Benjamin Pierce...
by Michael Zhao | Apr 4, 2006
From International Outlook magazine visa sina.com (in Chinese), translated by CDT (link): Although the Chinese government has been publishing a national defense white paper and data about its military spending, many western countries, including the United States and Japan, generally don’t buy the credibility of the papers and figures. A recent report released by the […]
by Michael Zhao | Mar 27, 2006
From China News Agency via Xinhua News Agency (in Chinese), translated by CDT (link): Shanghai Mayor Han Zheng said in a civil defense working meeting that greater attention should be paid to strengthening “civil defense” work. One of his proposals is to speed up the building up of urban underground defence network. Present at the […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods