Reuters reported Friday that Apple’s share of China’s smartphone market almost halved in the second quarter: For the first time, smartphone shipments in China overtook feature phones in the second quarter, with local...
Jul 30, 2012
The Atlantic’s Derek Thompson attributes Apple’s disappointing performance last quarter to economic slowdown in China and elsewhere in Asia: Apple future, to the extent that it can continue to be the world’s...
May 15, 2012
The People’s Bank of China announced a 50 bps cut in the reserve requirement ratio (RRR) for commercial lenders on Saturday as it stepped up efforts to boost growth amid signs of a weakening economy. The second such cut...
Dec 19, 2011
On CNBC, Shanghai-based market intelligence analyst and author Shaun Rein responds to a Wall Street Journal piece published earlier this month which argues that China’s wealthy are losing confidence and spending less,...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos