As China’s local wine market grows and foreign labels are running vineyards in China, wine from the Gobi desert is aiming at the booming market. The Gobi desert is located in the Inner Mongolia and Xinjiang region. Although the...
by Melissa M. Chan | Nov 8, 2011
Despite the growing demand for foreign wine, China is now one of the top five growers of grapevines in the world. The wine produced in China is sold in mostly the domestic market, and although a majority of the wine may not be...
by Liu Yong | May 5, 2009
From Reuters: Like prodigal sons, China’s exporters are returning home to sell their products as global economic gloom takes a toll on their overseas orders. Yet exporters of goods ranging from apparel to electronics are...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”