South China Morning Post’s Li Jing reports that residents in parts of Beijing have drilled...
drinking water shortage
Feb 7, 2009
The central Chinese government is taking steps to address the drought crisis. From the Los Angeles Times: The state-run media reported today that the Finance Ministry had allocated nearly 87 billion yuan, or close to $13...
May 18, 2008
Officials and experts worry that a severe lack of clean drinking water, especially in rural areas, will raise the death toll from the Sichuan earthquake. From Reuters: There is water everywhere in China’s quake-ravaged...
Apr 14, 2008
Persistent drought in China’s northeast has led to a severe drinking-water shortage, from Reuters: A drought in China’s northeast Liaoning province has left nearly 700,000 people without drinking water after rainfall...
Apr 5, 2005
From China National News: Drought in China has left over nine million people facing drinking water shortages and could take a heavy toll on spring planting around the country, the China Daily reported on Monday. Farmers planting rice in southern China and wheat in the north could expect little or no water to irrigate lands […]
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)