Heavy rainstorms hit south-west China this week, triggering a landslide on Wednesday which buried up to 40 people in the city of Dujiangyan, an area previously devastated by the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake. Rescuers have so far...
by Liu Yong | May 22, 2008
From AFP: High above the world’s oldest operating irrigation system, Zhang Shuanggun, a local villager, stands on an observation platform cracked by China’s massive earthquake last week. She has a simple answer for...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China