As tensions with the U.S. have been escalating in recent years, Beijing has been increasingly looking to Europe as a platform for new trade deals and expanding global influence. While the larger economies of Western Europe...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 31, 2019
The following post has been reposted from Project Sinopsis, with permission: Bilateral dialogue...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 8, 2018
Martin Hála is the founder and director of Project Sinopsis, a joint project between AcaMedia and...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 22, 2017
Last week offered one demonstration of the application of China’s growing economic leverage...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China