The Beijing-based Economic Observer marked its 12th anniversary last week with an editorial looking back over its history: This of course isn’t just one media outlet’s personal history. We’re in a period of transition. The...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 1, 2013
Celebrated investigative journalist Wang Keqin has been forced to leave the Economic Observer, apparently in connection with its unrestrained coverage of flooding which killed at least 77 people in Beijing last summer and other...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 29, 2010
After putting investigative journalist Qiu Ziming on the Wanted List for a series of articles he wrote revealing insider trading at a Shenzhen manufacturing company. From AFP: Qiu Ziming had become a cause celebre after his...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’