The Beijing-based Economic Observer marked its 12th anniversary last week with an editorial looking back over its history: This of course isn’t just one media outlet’s personal history. We’re in a period of transition. The...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 1, 2013
Celebrated investigative journalist Wang Keqin has been forced to leave the Economic Observer, apparently in connection with its unrestrained coverage of flooding which killed at least 77 people in Beijing last summer and other...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 29, 2010
After putting investigative journalist Qiu Ziming on the Wanted List for a series of articles he wrote revealing insider trading at a Shenzhen manufacturing company. From AFP: Qiu Ziming had become a cause celebre after his...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo