Simon Fraser University professor Zhao Yuezhi has conducted in-depth research on the political economy of communication in China. In the most recent Asia Pacific Memo, Zhao focuses on the internal controversy over models of...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2009
The 中国观察@无所不坛 blog answers: The Republic of River Crabs. The following images have been created and collected by a Chinese blogger as part of the ongoing drama unfolding between the “Grass Mud Horse” and its...
by Sophia Cao | Aug 22, 2007
Joel Martinsen writes that Ta Kung Pao, a Beijing-funded newspaper in Hong Kong, ran an article that looked at how ‘academic egao’ “harms China’s desire to influence international affairs through soft power.” The author, “suggests that historical revisionism and opportunistic repudiation of traditional Chinese culture is an unwelcome trend that may have serious ramifications on […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods