As part of a series profiling wealthy businesspeople who are pushing for social or political...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 26, 2013
At The Wall Street Journal, Bob Davis describes how prestige and security are driving fresh graduates towards jobs in government or state-owned enterprises, rather than private companies or entrepreneurship: Over the past...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 7, 2010
Global Post profiles Zhang Yue, an entrepreneur who is working on developing an air conditioner that is good for the planet:
by Sophie Beach | Aug 3, 2010
A report on Danwei looks at the individual entrepreneurs and small companies from China who are trying to strike it rich in Africa: Although multi-billion natural resource deals dominate the headlines, as many as 80 per cent of...
by Liu Yong | Dec 19, 2009
From The Sunday Times: In the late 18th century, China was probably the biggest economy on earth. When British envoys came to plead for trade, the Emperor Qianlong dismissed them grandly. But China fell into revolutions, war,...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 24, 2009
Bloomberg writes about jailed tycoon Huang Guangyu, of Gome Electronics, who is being investigated for share manipulation, and the fate of China’s wealthiest entrepreneurs as the economic crisis hits: During China’s...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”