Ailing Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo remains in the First Hospital of China Medical...
by Scott Greene | May 10, 2013
The harassment campaign against the family of blind Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng continues to mount, as Reuters reports that his eldest brother said that two government-hired thugs beat him on Thursday: Chen Guangfu, 56,...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 26, 2012
The New York Times’ Edward Wong talks to writer Yu Jie, who left China for the United States last month, about the experiences that drove him to leave, his Christian faith and his plans for the future. … He began thinking...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 16, 2011
In the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson interviews author Liao Yiwu, who recently moved to Berlin in order to be able to publish his works: Ian Johnson: The Chinese newspaper Global Times said Liao Yiwu is not in exile. It...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China