Ailing Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo remains in the First Hospital of China Medical...
by Scott Greene | May 10, 2013
The harassment campaign against the family of blind Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng continues to mount, as Reuters reports that his eldest brother said that two government-hired thugs beat him on Thursday: Chen Guangfu, 56,...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 26, 2012
The New York Times’ Edward Wong talks to writer Yu Jie, who left China for the United States last month, about the experiences that drove him to leave, his Christian faith and his plans for the future. … He began thinking...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 16, 2011
In the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson interviews author Liao Yiwu, who recently moved to Berlin in order to be able to publish his works: Ian Johnson: The Chinese newspaper Global Times said Liao Yiwu is not in exile. It...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’