A recent round of inspection checks by China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) has...
by Jenny Leung | Mar 1, 2009
As the global financial crisis continues, China sees its reach affect its textile factories. The demand for textile has decreased worldwide, causing factories in Shaoxing, China’s textile capital, to be shut down and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods