The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central Propaganda Department: The media are not to report or comment on the Central Discipline and...
by Michael Zhao | Feb 26, 2007
Another Cnooc scenario that stirs up China bashing? And will troubled US auto industry make a surprise move to be bought up by a Chinese firm? From China Business Infocenter (photo: FAW’s Red Flag sedan, via FAW web site): Shanghai – China First Automobile Works (FAW), China’s biggest auto maker, is interested in buying the […]
by Zhaohua Li | Sep 14, 2006
Picking up from Shanghai Daily: At its hometown show last week, China’s First Auto Works wowed the locals with a demonstration of what was described as the country’s first unmanned vehicle ” not counting spacecraft, of course. The vehicle in question was a specially modified version of FAW’s Hongqi (Red Flag) HQ3 sedan, which was […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”