A National People’s Congress spokesman has announced a planned 11.2% increase in China’s defence spending to 670 billion yuan (US$106.4 billion) in 2012. Though down slightly from last year’s 12.7% rise, the...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 29, 2011
Not content with a White House decision to sell Taiwan upgrades to its existing F-16s, Lockheed Martin is equipping congressmen to argue for the sale, long requested by Taipei, of brand new planes. From Reuters: A Lockheed...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 7, 2011
Wired magazine’s Danger Room blog urges readers not to panic about China’s “new” aircraft carrier, a former Soviet vessel of early 80s vintage and the first carrier to be deployed by the PLA Navy. Its...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms