Evergrande offices across China have been beset by protesting retail investors and homeowners concerned that the real estate giant is on the verge of bankruptcy. The company is facing a liquidity crisis and may default on its...
by Josh Rudolph | May 6, 2016
Looking at Xi Jinping’s steady tightening of control over the media and long-running...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 24, 2015
At The New York Times, Clifford Krauss and Keith Bradsher look at how China’s global...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods