Lai Xiaomin, the former head of a state-owned asset management company was sentenced to death on January 5 for bribery, corruption, and bigamy. Lai led China Huarong Asset Management until his 2018 expulsion from his public...
by Grace | Jul 25, 2017
Hundreds of investors gathered in Beijing on Monday to protest the government’s...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 2, 2005
From AP, via Business Week: The Bank of China revealed Saturday it fired a Beijing loan officer for his role in a mortgage loan scam three years ago that cost the bank some 645 million yuan (US$78 million; euro60 million), the government said. Xu Weilian, deputy chief of retail operations at one of the Bank […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods