Lai Xiaomin, the former head of a state-owned asset management company was sentenced to death on January 5 for bribery, corruption, and bigamy. Lai led China Huarong Asset Management until his 2018 expulsion from his public...
Jan 10, 2019
The Wall Street Journal has discovered that in 2016, China offered Malaysia bailouts and...
Jul 25, 2017
Hundreds of investors gathered in Beijing on Monday to protest the government’s...
Apr 2, 2005
From AP, via Business Week: The Bank of China revealed Saturday it fired a Beijing loan officer for his role in a mortgage loan scam three years ago that cost the bank some 645 million yuan (US$78 million; euro60 million), the government said. Xu Weilian, deputy chief of retail operations at one of the Bank […]
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet