The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 14, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by cdtstaff | Mar 9, 2011
According to Forbes’ annual ranking of the world’s wealthiest people, the booming economies of Russia, China, India and Brazil have resulted in the continual increase in the number of billionaires within each...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 4, 2004
Forbes Magazine released the list of China’s richest people today, People’s Daily reported. The list includes 35 people from Guangdong, 22 people from Shanghai, and another 22 from Beijing. Larry Rong Zhijian, chairman of the Hong Kong-based conglomerate CITIC Pacific, was named the mainland’s richest man with assets of 1.5 billion US dollars. The full report […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’