As the ongoing controversy with the NBA over a team general manager’s tweet in support of Hong Kong has laid bare, foreign corporations and other entities operating in China face an increasingly erratic environment, where...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 30, 2018
A string of reports this week have described foreign businesses’ preparations for and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2018
Last month, German carmaker Daimler repeatedly apologized for hurting Chinese feelings, disavowing...
by Cindy | May 26, 2017
Amendments to China’s new Cybersecurity Law, which is set to take effect on June 1, will require a...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 7, 2016
After beginning the third reading of the draft last week, the National People’s Congress...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”