On Chinese social media, outrage at Western clothing brands that expressed concern about forced labor in Xinjiang continued into its second day on Thursday. Throngs of influential figures have joined in the “Support...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 11, 2019
As the ongoing controversy with the NBA over a team general manager’s tweet in support of Hong Kong has laid bare, foreign corporations and other entities operating in China face an increasingly erratic environment, where...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 30, 2018
A string of reports this week have described foreign businesses’ preparations for and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2018
Last month, German carmaker Daimler repeatedly apologized for hurting Chinese feelings, disavowing...
by Cindy | May 26, 2017
Amendments to China’s new Cybersecurity Law, which is set to take effect on June 1, will require a...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms