Wang Xuemei, China’s leading forensic scientist who published a blog post dismissing the...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 5, 2012
If the “semi-open” trial of Gu Kailai for the murder of Neil Heywood was meant to lay the matter of his death to rest, it has not been entirely successful. Immediately afterwards, questions emerged about apparent...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 28, 2012
This week, senior forensic scientist Wang Xuemei published a blog post challenging the official explanation for the death of British businessman Neil Heywood. Gu Kailai, whose husband Bo Xilai will now face charges related to...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 13, 2012
A month-long investigation of the death of Hunan labour activist Li Wangyang has upheld the official explanation of suicide, but suspicion of foul play remains. Supporters say that Li was in no frame of mind to take his own...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods