Under a cloud cover of speculation about a potential fiscal stimulus package, China’s central bank announced a 25 basis point cut to lending and deposit rates on Thursday, its first interest rate cut since late 2008 and...
by zhou shuren | Aug 25, 2011
Bloomberg reports that China Cosco Holdings Co., the largest Chinese shipping company, posted higher than expected losses due to decreasing cargo rates and higher fuel costs: The company’s commodity-carrying and container-ship...
by Wu Nan | Jan 13, 2007
From AP: China has cut the price of domestic gasoline by about 4 percent and jet fuel by around 2 percent in response to a decline in world. China’s main planning agency, the State Development and Reform Commission(ÂõΩÂÆ∂ÂèëÊîπÂßîÔºâ, said in a statement on its Web site Sunday that the price cuts were effective immediately… However […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods