The who’s who of the U.S. publishing industry are gathering today in New York for the...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 1, 2013
Yu Jianrong, director of the Rural Development Institute at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, has championed social causes through social media. In 2011, he ran a Weibo campaign in which he asked netizens to post photos of...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 9, 2010
The Financial Times takes a look an expected changes in the Chinese publishing industry which will allow more room for private publishers to operate within the state-controlled system: China Publishing Group, which had Rmb3.9bn...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 3, 2009
Reuters reports on a growing tiff between the Ministry of Culture and the General Administration for Press and Publications (GAPP) over regulation of the online game World of Warcraft: The rare public turf war between the two...
by Liu Yong | Jul 26, 2009
From Reuters: China plans to implement a five year program advocating clean online games, starting next year, an official from the General Administration of Press and Publication told an industry conference Wednesday. Earlier...
by Zhaohua Li | Dec 31, 2007
Jonathan Ansfield writes: The year-end edition of Newsweek, a China cover entitled “China Now”, includes a Fareed Zakaria think piece on the “superpower’s” fragile side, excerpts from The China...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods