The Guardian reports on a novel new way that Beijing is dealing with its overflowing landfills: giant fragrance guns: The high-pressure guns, which can spray dozens of litres of fragrance per minute over a distance of up to 50m,...
by Wang Jun | Apr 21, 2005
From Xinhuanet: Hainan Province has passed its environmental protection legislation in 1999. But now only the waste in its capital, Haikou City are processed.
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods