The Guardian reports on a novel new way that Beijing is dealing with its overflowing landfills: giant fragrance guns: The high-pressure guns, which can spray dozens of litres of fragrance per minute over a distance of up to 50m,...
by Wang Jun | Apr 21, 2005
From Xinhuanet: Hainan Province has passed its environmental protection legislation in 1999. But now only the waste in its capital, Haikou City are processed.
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism