The Guardian reports on a novel new way that Beijing is dealing with its overflowing landfills: giant fragrance guns: The high-pressure guns, which can spray dozens of litres of fragrance per minute over a distance of up to 50m,...
by Wang Jun | Apr 21, 2005
From Xinhuanet: Hainan Province has passed its environmental protection legislation in 1999. But now only the waste in its capital, Haikou City are processed.
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms