China’s ambitious urbanization plan is getting results: the country now has 102 cities...
by radish | Nov 10, 2014
The ongoing APEC summit is the biggest showcase for the city of Beijing, even the whole of China,...
by Natalie Ornell | Aug 10, 2013
Government efforts to urbanize China's population by building new towns are failing due to a lack of local jobs; one of the many newly constructed towns, Tieling, remains empty because residents cannot find employment: Urban...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 18, 2013
At China Real Time Report, Tom Orlik discusses urbanization, hukou reform, land ownership, urban sustainability and the price of heroin in Chongqing with Tom Miller, author of China’s Urban Billion. We’re hearing a lot...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo