CDT cartoonist Badiucao comments on a recent viral video in which a woman was hit by a vehicle...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 17, 2017
On Wednesday, the National People’s Congress took a step towards the creation of China’s first...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 9, 2017
This year’s gathering of the Two Sessions in Beijing brought early steps towards the...
by Scott Greene | Nov 3, 2011
A video surfaced on Chinese social media sites yesterday showing a woman leaping from a bridge and falling onto a busy highway, where surrounding cars slowed and then drove around her as they passed. Today, Shanghaiist posted...
by Scott Greene | Oct 31, 2011
As China questions the moral compass of its masses in the aftermath of the horrific hit-and-run death of 2-year old Yue Yue in Foshan, and social and official media discuss the need to create laws to prevent similar negligence...
by Scott Greene | Oct 17, 2011
A 2-year-old girl named Yue Yue is in critical condition after she was run over twice in a Guangdong market and ignored by numerous passers-by. From China Daily: Footage from a surveillance camera presented on local TV shows Yue...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms