Jonathan Ansfield’s most recent Biganzi dispatch: So great is the Great Hall of the People that there’s always room for a sideshow, even when the national legislature is in session. Last Friday at 8:50 a.m., a pack of...
Mar 13, 2008
Biganzi’s Jonathan Ansfield sends in his latest dispatch: Anti-PX marches on Dongshan Island two weeks ago were a country cousin to the urbane “strolls” last year in downtown Xiamen. The protest burst into a rumble, as...
Mar 3, 2008
The peaceful resolution to the Xiamen PX protests doesn’t seem to be so peaceful after all. From the Washington Post: Violent protests erupted in several southern Chinese fishing towns after residents heard a chemical...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”