Democracy activist Guo Quan has been sentenced 10 years on charges of subversion. From Associated Press: The founder of a Chinese group that challenged Communist rule with a call for multiparty democracy has been sentenced to 10...
by Paulina Hartono | Nov 14, 2008
Guo Quan, founder of the China New Democracy Party, has been arrested on charges of subversion of state power. From the Associated Press: Guo Quan, who started the China New Democracy Party last year, was arrested in the city of...
by Liu Yong | May 23, 2008
From Guardian: Chinese police have detained a political dissident because of remarks he made about the government’s handling of the Sichuan earthquake, according to his family and supporters. Guo Quan, the founder of the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods