After the drop in the Hang Seng Index due to the news of Kim Jong-il’s death and fears of instability in the region, Hong Kong stocks were able to rebound and close up 0.1 percent. Business Week reports: The Hang Seng...
Hang Seng Index
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 4, 2011
Although listings of mainland Chinese companies fell this year in the Hong Kong market, it is expected that as many as 20 companies are planning initial public offerings. Business Week reports: While about 110 companies are...
by Mo Ming | Jul 2, 2006
From MarketWatch: Hong Kong’s benchmark Hang Seng Index will adopt a new weighting methodology and expand the number of constituent shares to 38 from 33, in the biggest overhaul of the index in its 37-year history. Spokesmen for compiler HSI Services Ltd said Friday they will cap individual constituent weightings at 15% using a free-float-adjusted […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions